Metal doors can be used for residential and commercial properties in Pleasant Hill, CA, although they are usually a common choice for commercial buildings. Hollow metal doors are typically more durable than wooden doors. They do not rot and will not bend, warp, shrink, or expand like wood. Due to this reason, metal doors are popular choices for outdoors and kitchens since they can withstand weather and regular wear and tear. Metal doors are customizable, which means various color and design treatments can be applied according to customer preferences.
However, metal doors can be prone to rust if not properly taken care of. While metal doors provide excellent protection and security, they must be regularly painted to prevent rust from forming on the surface.
If your commercial property has metal doors, you will eventually have to paint them. As with any painting project, prep work will directly impact the results. But painting metal doors in a commercial building requires a professional-level finish, so DIY painting them is nearly impossible (and impractical). Hiring painting contractors in Pleasant Hill will give you numerous benefits, such as a high-quality paint finish and savings on time and money.
Custom Painting, Inc. has worked with many types of surfaces, including rusty metals. In dealing with rusty metal doors, our crew uses the correct paints, tools, and techniques to remove all rust, leaving the surfaces smooth and clean for paint.
What we offer
Steel, stainless steel, and aluminum are some of the common metals used for constructing doors. Stainless steel and aluminum have excellent anti-rust and corrosion properties. If not treated or alloyed with other materials, steel alone can be prone to rust and corrosion.
Custom Painting, Inc. can preserve and revitalize rusted steel doors with proper cleaning, priming, and painting using the correct paints, materials, and application methods.
- Remove the door.
- Remove the door hardware, such as the doorknob and hinges. If rust has also affected the hardware, we soak it in a rust remover solution for at least 30 minutes.
- Preparing the workspace by covering the lawn, flower garden, or deck floors to protect them from dripping paint and debris.
- Remove the loose rust and flaking paint from the door’s surface. In case some areas are heavily rusted and pitted, they cannot be removed by simple manual wire brushing. Instead, we may use a drill with a wire wheel attachment to get rid of the rust.
- Sand off the remaining rust.
- Clean the painted areas of the metal door with a degreaser and cleaner to get it ready for priming and painting.
- Apply a quality rust-inhibiting primer.
- Apply an even coat of quality exterior paint formulated for metal surfaces. We usually apply two coats of paint, choosing either rolling or spraying for the application. Then, we allow the first coat to dry completely before applying the second coat.
- Re-install the hardware on the metal door.
- Re-install the newly painted door.
- Final clean-up and proper disposal of debris and waste.
In general, we use water-based or oil-based paint for interior metal doors. But oil-based or alkyd paint is more suitable for an exterior metal door as it can help the metal doors withstand the outdoor elements.
Benefits of metal door painting
When you hire professional metal door painting services, you will get to enjoy the following advantages:
- It is an inexpensive way to freshen up the look of your metal door and the overall exterior appearance of your commercial building.
- It improves your property’s curb appeal.
- Your door is now protected from the external elements, such as moisture and heat, that can cause rust.
- It extends your door’s lifespan.
- It helps maintain or increase your property value.
Why choose us?
For over 40 years in the business, Custom Painting, Inc.’s goal has been to make the painting process as easy, smooth, and stress-free as possible. Over the years, we have expanded our services from interior and exterior painting to custom crown molding installation, acoustic ceiling removal, power washing, drywall and ceiling repair, wallpaper removal, etc., without compromising our quality.
In addition to our excellent workmanship, Custom Painting, Inc. prides itself on its professional but friendly and accommodating staff. Our crew in Dublin, CA, are in constant communication with our clients during and after the project to ensure the highest satisfaction. We stand behind our work with a written workmanship warranty, which we usually provide upon project completion. Our payment options are flexible to cater to your needs and preferences.
Rather than replacing your rusty metal doors, you may hire painters in Pleasant Hill, CA, to repaint them. Custom Painting, Inc. is always ready to help! Call us at 925-294-8062 or send us a message online to request a free estimate.